Chant Book of the Lâm Tế School of Thiền Buddhism
Tuyết Sơn Thiền Tự 雪山禅寺
Mount Adams Zen Buddhist Temple
P.O. Box 487, Trout Lake, WA 98650, USA
MEDICINE BUDDHA OF HEALING
Oṃ Namo Bhagavate Bhaiṣajya-guru
The Twelve Vows of the Medicine Buddha upon attaining Enlightenment, according to the Medicine Buddha Sutra, are:
- To illuminate countless realms with his radiance, enabling anyone to become a Buddha just like him.
- To awaken the minds of sentient beings through his light of lapis lazuli.
- To provide the sentient beings with whatever material needs they require.
- To correct incorrect views and inspire beings toward the path of the Bodhisattva.
- To help beings follow the Path of Virtue, even if they failed before.
- To heal beings born with deformities, illness or other physical sufferings.
- To help relieve the destitute and the sick.
- To help people achieve their desired rebirth.
- To help heal mental afflictions and delusions.
- To help the oppressed be free from suffering.
- To relieve those who suffer from terrible hunger and thirst.
- To help clothe those who are destitute and suffering from harsh conditions.